Empower Yourself Through Self Esteem Quotes
We are not born with an inferiority complex or issues with low self esteem. But many people pick these issues up as they grow older. We can however finds ways to empower ourselves through self esteem quotes and turn this low image around.
As a child we never really cared about appeareances or where we were in the social ladder. But as we approached the adolescent phase, we started comparing ourselves to others and some of us found that we began feeling inferior to others.
Sometimes it’s more than just a physical problem or comparison. Low self-esteem can also be traced to traumas and other negative feedbacks we get from our families and our surrounding community. And this low self-esteem can lead to disastrous consequences if not dealt with and improved alng the way. By not getting over it, we in fact prevent ourselves from being truly happy.
There are a number of ways in which to improve our self- esteem. We can go to therapy, take quizzes to help us get to know ourselves more and allow us to move more comfortably in our own skin, there are self-help books. But we can also try reading self-esteem quotes regularly and try to live by them.
Little by little, we will be able to let go of whatever it was the caused us to look at ourselves in a negative way and in turn, we will learn to focus more on who we are as a person and be proud of what we see.
The following are self-esteem quotes may prove useful in helping you gain more control of your own self-esteem:
- “I am sure it is one’s duty as a teacher to try to show boys that no opinions, no tastes, no emotions are worth much unless they are one’s own. I suffered acutely as a boy from the lack of being shown this.” – A.C. Benson
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” – Hindu Proverb
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “Every individual has a place to fill in the world, and is important, in some respect, whether he chooses to be so or not.” – Nathaniel Howthorne
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
- “You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.” – President Jimmy Carter Jr.
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter McIntyre
- “Trust yourself, then you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe
- “Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline: the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” – Abraham Heschel
- Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” – Les Brown
- “In my day, we didn’t have self-esteem, we had self-respect, and no more of it than we had earned.” – Jane Haddam